Ideas to discuss
some ideas to discuss
I don't start my books by thinking about themes, but I always end up asking myself questions as I tell the story. Here are some of things I found myself thinking about as I wrote THE RECKONING:
- How does building a bridge to the mainland change the character of an island?
- How does it affect the people who live on the island?
- Is wind power an efficient source of energy?
- What do you feel about wind turbines - beautiful structures or blot on the landscape?
- What effects can alcoholism have on a family?
- Cults often make people feel good about themselves. Why can that be so dangerous?
- What turns people into racists?
- Do you have to know someone to hate them?
- Are the things we hate most the things we fear most?
- Try and imagine a situation where you could justify an act of terrorism to yourself.
'Had me turning
pages at three in the morning . . .'